fredag, mars 09, 2007

Back again


Wow, these are exciting times, not always easy, but I stand in awe before my God:


Logos Hope - Croatia

My time on the Logos Hope was, hm, I can't really put it in words. I loved it. It was awesome. The people were great, I was blessed to work in the best team ever, with people that made me laugh (yes, I know, I do laugh a lot, but there I had to laugh even more). Being away from the office was good, not having to travel 4 hours a day was soooooooo good. I was able move the whole day, run up and down stairs, oh joy. It was great to see the Logos Hope project and be a part of it. Oh, and one weekend we (some Logos Hope people and I) went sailing. On the first day the waves rocked the yacht, which I thought was great. Being out there, seeing the country, we were so blessed to be able to take this trip. So my time on the Logos Hope was awesome, not always easy, but still awesome. Check out the pics on: www.myspace.com/simiworld

Youthplanet camp

Back from Croatia, I spent two days with my parents and I even got to see my sister and one of my brothers :-) One night I spent in my bed in my flat and then I moved on to the mountains. It was good to see my friends from church and spend time with them. I decided to give my body a break and not stand on a snowboard. Last year was such a desaster, I can still feel the pain. But I guess next year I'll be ready again - IF I'm in Switzerland. Anyway, it was good to spend some time in the mountains, it's so beautiful up there. Yet I did miss the Logos Hope people a lot, good for me there is Skype, so I got to talk to some of them. I had to leave the camp on Thursday evening, as I needed to be back to Basel for a counseling course. Thank God for that. Thursday night an aggressive and nasty virus turned the camp into a hospital. People were lying in the hallway vomiting others were sitting on the toilet (diarrhea, diarrhea, it's not very funny but it's very very runny). So out of 150 people 40 ended up in hospital (a real one). They had to come home one day early. I was with a friend from church when another friend from church called and told me all about it, so now we call it the "flight camp". There you go. Thanks to God I did not get the virus (my friend who traveled home with me and drank out of the same bottle joined the Virus community by vomiting at home).

Counseling course

The topic was emotion and something. I don't remember, but I remember that it was a great course and I did learn a lot about my emotions, why do I feel how I feel and stuff like that. So that was the weekend

TeenStreet

Monday I went to the office and from Tuesday to Thursday I was in Germany at the TeenStreet Coordinator Meeting. Oh, I so love these meetings. Spend time with people from all over the world who love teens and work for the same thing.

But now the international times are over. I have to do my laundry, which is the reason I sit here. Short word about the future. I have no clue what I will be doing after TeenStreet. The one thing I know it that my commitment with OM is over and I won't stay on. Wherever God leads me I'll go, because life without him just sucks :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon Bridgwater said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out that you passed onto Brent Griener for us!

We miss you! xx

måndag, 12 mars, 2007  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home