måndag, oktober 09, 2006

Operation relationship

The topic of yesterday was relationship. It started at my parent's place. I had lunch with them. It was strange, as non of my brothers was home, but really good to spend time with my parents :-) So I was doing the dishes with my Mum and we started talking about relations. I said that I only want a man who's faith is stronger or at least as strong as mine. My Mum said, that there are nearly no guys out there who would fulfill that condition. Wow, I was flattered that my Mum thinks that way about my faith, but on the other hand that was not very encouraging. My answer to that was, that I have indeed met even 20 year olds whose faith is stronger than mine. Yes, thank you Jesus!

Ok, in the evening at church the pastor talked about marriage. He said great things like we should not rely on our feelings, because if we listen long enough to Brian Adams we could fall in love with our teddy bear. Never tried that one out ;-)Anyway, he was saying that marriage is a covenant, not a contract. In a contract you give and get something in return, in a covenant you bind yourself to the other person, it's a commitment for a life time. So strong, so hard and so beautiful. Marriage has such power, it's awesome what God gave us there!