torsdag, maj 04, 2006

Simone @ work


A month has passed since I started working. It's been really good so far. I like the work and also facts like my weekend starting on Frieday, not having to fight over shifts and when I come back to the office Monday my desk still looks the same. Sometimes I miss the hotel though. Yesterday I passed it on my (two hour) walk and I met a regular client. He's a airplane mechanic (from the States) who has seen the vietnam war. Nice man. He recognized me at once. It was great talking to him. Those talks I miss.
Oh, yes, why was I walking, usually I ride my bycicle. But it was stolen last week and I am very... (I won't express that in english because of the culture difference if you know what I mean - I'll write that in Swiss) Es schiist mi grad mega a und i chönt das Arsch wo mr das ado het grad eigehändig verschloh. Ok, now I feel better :-) Anyway, I loved my bike, so that really hurts. Of course I can get a new one, but that's not the same.
Last weekend (Frieday - Monday) I participated at a counseling course. It was awesome. I was thought things about God and the Bible I've never heard before. Also I learned a lot about myself and others. The course will continue for a year (only one weekend per month). My goal is being able to counsel Teens. During that weekend I experienced God in a beautiful way and I'm very thankful that I have the chance to visit this courses.
Spring finally made it to Switzerland. So on my morning ride to work I can enjoy the sunrise over green pastures and forests(that is if I don't fall asleep). It's so magnificent. I love being here in summer, but I do dislike winter here.
Even though I'm really happy, there is still this call within me. This longing to leave, which I can't explain, because I know, for now I'm at the right place. Yet, when I wake up I hear airplanes (airport Basel) during work I see and hear them (airport Zurich) and one of the last things I hear before falling asleep is... an airplane. So when I'm at work I sometimes look after a plane that takes off and I wish I could sit in it, not because I want to get away but because something within me is gravitated towards something i can't explain...

3 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

Some of those Swiss words looked awfuly familiar!
Also, if you want to take a little plane ride you could always visit us...
It's sunny here to at the moment!

fredag, 05 maj, 2006  
Blogger rwj said...

i knows some of them swiss words from mygerman days how much fun can you have with a pocket dictionary?

torsdag, 11 maj, 2006  
Blogger rwj said...

good to see God is providing for you and has given you a cool job x

torsdag, 11 maj, 2006  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home