måndag, december 19, 2005

And I fall face down

Here I am once again in awe of my God. The first two weeks of December were some of the most terrible weeks of my life. I just wanted to be me again. When I felt down before, I still had some joy in my heart, but this time all joy was gone, and with it hope. One day I ended up on my knees, once again crying, screaming to God to take my life away or make something out of it. I told him that I couldn't go on, that I couldn't do anything anymore and that I didn't want to. I asked him to take over the pieces of my life. I was done with my life, my self. I surrendered completly. The following weekend I went away to the mountains. Getting away from the city was good, seeing what God has created.

Sunday (11th)I came back home and checked my E-Mails. OM had send me a Mail, asking me to do the job as Teen Street Co-ordinator. They did ask me when I came back from England in 2004 but I turned them down because I wanted to work in a hotel. Well, last week I went and talked things over with them. I realised that this is the job I was looking for and even more. I get to work in an international field, 80%, I can organise things and work with teens at the same time. I get to travel to youthleader- and OM confernces. Wow. I just don't know what to say anymore. It's not that my life is perfect, yet I can see God working there in such an amazing way that it takes my breath away.

Thank you for all your prayers. I'm so blessed with friends all around the world - and people, I love you deeply.

"For when I am weak, then I am strong - the less I have, the more I depend on him" 2 Cor. 12:10b

5 Comments:

Blogger Simon Bridgwater said...

Simone, you amaze me. Our Lord amazes me. Right now I'm praising God so much for answered prayer.

You don't know how much of an encouragement and a blessing it is to see that God is doing amazing things in your life. I'm going to continue praying for you Simone. The Lord will continue to bless you.

xx

tisdag, 20 december, 2005  
Anonymous Anonym said...

So, Zit für e schwizerdütsche Itrag, dass sich die liebe Angelsachse dra chöne d Zähn usbisse...

Wow, das si jo Neuigkeite, nid die wo ich erwartet ha, aber au gewaltig. Ich bi kei Poet, aber mir chunnt doch grad das Gedicht vom Rilke (glaub) in Sinn: "Wir alle fallen - diese Hand da fällt. Und doch ist einer, der dieses Fallen unendlich sanft in seinen Händen hält."

Gott loht eus nid tiefer gheie als mirs chöne erträge. Und so tief wie di, Simone, loht er nur Lüt gheie wo gnueg stark si um das uszhalte. Ich wärs nid! Letztendlich stärke so Situatione wohl der Glaube und s Vertraue in Gott und dient, wie's jo au in der Bible irgendwo heisst, eus zum Beste. Au wenns us der eigene Perspektive nid nochvollziehbar isch.

Bis am Donnschtig!

tisdag, 20 december, 2005  
Blogger thej9 said...

Wow! Just think of the encouragement and influence you will give to all those young people you're going to work with! You were such a huge influence on us! You made me believe that through Jesus anything is possible! Please keep cheery! Missing you still, praying for you still, loving you still, janine xxx

onsdag, 21 december, 2005  
Blogger James said...

That's awesome simi!! Our God is Awesome :)

Still praying for you. Love you lots! Hugs xx

fredag, 23 december, 2005  
Blogger Lemony Snickett said...

Cool!
Its great to hear that your life is starting to change for the better.
I hated to hear you so upset in the last few posts and I will continue to pray that God will bless you through this new job. Maybe we will see you in England soon?
Just look at Jonah. He had to sink as low as possible before God could use him for His purpose.
keep on keeping on!
love you
stephen x

onsdag, 28 december, 2005  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home