fredag, juli 14, 2006

The world we're living in


Let's start with England. It was awesome to go back. Even though I haven't been on the island for more than a year, I so didn't feel it. I got out of the coach in Birmingham and felt right at home. It was great to see the Oakham tribe again :-) I love you people, that's for everything, it was wicked ;-) Oh, and I was happy seeing James getting married. Plus I loved the Sunday meeting in the evening. We even sung "these are the days of Elija", my baptism song! Amen.

Coming back to Switzerland was, hm, first of all hot. I came back at night. The next morning I left the house at 6am, just to find out that my bike has been stolen. Right infront of the house. I can't believe it. What a freak. So, the whole thing agin. Police office, ordering a new bike, but this time I was insured, so I will get the money back.

At work I'm still very busy getting everything ready. We had our OM prayer day Thursday (that's an international thing). A couple (he is from Israel and she from Switzerland) came to visit us, to tell us about Israel. One of their sons is in the military right now (like in Switzerland every guy is supposed to go there, BUT they go to a real war). Two guys of their sons infantry were kidnapped and yesterday their son had to move into the Lebanon. For me living in my little naiv, neutral country (little paradise) that just got me. I can't imagine how living in a war zone must be like, seeing my brothers go to war. But it's reality.

That's it for now. I still haven't unpacked since I came back from Engalnd. The weather is just to nice. Like yesterday, I came back from work at 7 pm. I went straight to a park. Oh, speaking of it. It's right next to the football stadion (soccer for my dear Amercian friends) and there was a game. Which reminds me that our goal keeper "Zubi" (FCBasel and of the national team)is going to guard the goal of the West Brom Albions. Eh, yes, so I went to the park with my friend and her dog. Then I wanted to go home, but had a call of another friend and so I went to hang in the city for another two hours. NOW, I will go and unpack!

2 Comments:

Blogger thej9 said...

Why, Simone, Why? When you know that your friend hates having her picture taken why do you insist on then reproducing it for the world to see on your blog! AHHHHHH! If I didn't love you as much as I do then I would be soooo very angry! Love ya, J9 xxx

lördag, 15 juli, 2006  
Blogger Simone's adventures said...

Because, my dear Janine, I want the world to see, who my good friends are, plus, I love that picture and I love you! Biiiig hug

lördag, 15 juli, 2006  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home